IIW operates a full-service accredited laboratory with a team of certified technicians who provide our clients, colleagues and crews with the information they need to make thoughtful decisions throughout the construction process.
IW’s full-service accredited laboratory tests for durability, strength and characteristics of materials used to build structural elements.
Certified by the Iowa and Wisconsin DOTs, the IIW team of certified lab technicians perform all testing in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT), American Concrete Institute (ACI), American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) and American Association of State Highways and Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
Below are some of IIW’s material testing and lab services. If you have questions about specific services, please call us at (800) 556-4491.
- Fire Resistance Testing and Inspection
- Hot Mix Asphalt
- National Highway Institute (NHI) Bridge Inspection
- PERC Tests
- Portland Cement Concrete (PCC)
- Structural Steel Inspection Services
- Post Tensioning
- Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC)
- Soil Classification
- Aggregate Gradation
- Compressive Strength Testing
- Grout & Mortar Cube Testing
- Shot Crete Testing
- Dry Preparation of Soil and Aggregates
- Standard Proctors
- Modified Proctors
- Moisture Content of soil and/or rock by drying or mass
- USCS Classification
- Hand Auger Boring with Soil Bearing using Penetrometer
- Dynamic Cone Penetrometer
- Organic Matter Determination
- Hydrometer – Particle Size Analysis of Soils
- Specific Gravity of Soils
- % passing #200 Sieve – Soil & Aggregate
- Atterberg Limits (Liquid limit, plastic limit and plasticity index of soils)
- Unit of Weight of Aggregate
- Sieve Analysis – Fine an Coarse Aggregate
- Flat or Elongated Particles in Coarse